You are invited to join FoAM Kernow in our ongoing investigation into weaving and coding, and help us build “Tanglebots” from recycled e-waste, Raspberry Pi computers and electronics. This workshop is our contribution to British Science Week.
This event is for all ages and will form a messy introduction into weaving, robotics and coding. Tanglebots are prototype/failed weaving robots (weaving is quite hard, so we are starting with tangles and seeing what patterns emerge). Prizes will be given in various categories for autonomous tangle creation:
- Most artistic tangle formed.
- High speed tangling category.
- Most technical effort with least impressive result.
- Most people/things incorporated (willingly or otherwise) into tangle.
- Least untangleable tangle.
- Best effort at untangling.
This is a free event, but you need to book places, please email us. Vegetarian lunch will be provided to fuel your creativity, please let us know if you have specific dietary needs.
See pictures from our last event “Machine Wilderness”.